The Driver First Assist (DFA) training course is supported by the police through the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC), the fire service through the National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC) and the ambulance service through the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE), who believe DFA is an important extension of the ambulance service not dissimilar to Community First Responders.
To help provide a rounded view of the DFA training course, we wanted to share the comments, journeys and stories from the people we work with.
- "Very well presented and informative course – a must for all professional drivers."
- "Excellent training and delivery. Exceeded my expectations."
- "Very impressed with trainer. Delivered content clearly and concisely without ever talking down to attendees. One of the most exciting courses I have ever attended."
- "If Carlsberg did training courses, this would be it!"
- "I found it interesting, informative and most enjoyable. I think the concept is brilliant, and elegant in its simplicity. It is clear to me just how much the consequences of RTC's could be ameliorated if the scheme is more widespread."
- "Excellent Trainer and course. Content was pitched just right with a good mix of presenting/videos and practical."
- "Excellent, informative and inspiring course."
- "It’s the first time I have done a CPC coarse and not been checking my watch to wish the day away."
Our Supporters and Partners
“Driver First Assist, driver first response, helping support the emergency services for people involved in an accident is absolutely the right thing to do.” Richard Burnett, Chief Executive, Road Haulage Association
“The reduction of death and injuries on our roads is a key priority for the Chief Fire Officers Association and this scheme which will see professional drivers trained in basic first aid techniques will allow instant help for injured drivers before the emergency services arrive.” Steve Apter, Chief Fire Officer and CFOA Lead on Transportation – Roads
Certas Energy is the largest fuel distributor in the UK, and they are working with DFA to save lives on our roads.